Find all assignments, handouts, & resources for lesson 2 on the google document.
INSTRUCTIONAL GOALS: When we finish this lesson, you should be able to…
- Contrast evolutionism with the theories of Darwin’s contemporaries.
- List the requirements a system must meet in order to evolve.
- Describe and identify natural selection as the mechanism of evolution.
- Analyze living systems to identify adaptations, selection pressures, and change.
- Explain the meaning of each concept above in simple, clear language.
* * *
RESOURCES & LINKS: Our primary resources during this unit include…
- Book: Darwin for Beginners by Johnathan Miller
- Simulation: Bunny Natural Selection on PhET
- Simulation: Evolution Lab by Dr. Saul’s Biology in Motion
- Website: Understanding Evolution by the UC Museum of Paleontology
- Toy: The Up-Goer Five Text Editor by Theo Sanderson
- Video: Big History #6: Human Evolution by Crash Course
- Radio: Science Lessons based on Radiolab Episodes by Tami Port + Radiolab